Monday 11 April 2011

growing pains.

i just got home from a family dinner in celebration of my granda's 65th birthday. it was probably the most chaotic experience ever. (the fact that i've just penned a family dinner as my most chaotic experience ever is not only pathetic but completely untrue! what an exaggeration.) it's as if my family have to constantly be on the go. they always have to be in on what everyone else is doing. which is fine, because we're family, but the curiousity about everyone's business and what they're doing at the bottom of the table drives me crazy. for most of it i sat there dazed, in my own world. not because i don't want to be assosiated or involved with my family: it just required far too much effort.


as this school year progresses, my levels of enthusiasm and energy have just plummeted, but i reckon everyone's does. still, amongst this grogginess (is that a word?) i have an itching in my skin to see bigger and better things which in a sense is enthusiasm and vitality.


it's not that i'm overly ambitious or one of those teens who just has to get out of the city or town they're from for university otherwise they'll just die. i've grown to love the fact that belfast is the place i was born and raised and it holds so much to me; it's just time i started seeing other things. my favourite thing to do in the car - when i'm with my parents so i don't have to make much effort for conversation -  is to sit in the backseat and try and see as many people as i can and try and think of what they're like, or live like. it sounds kind of stupid but it truly intrigues me. i think now, or at least in a year or so when i'm done school, is the time for me to drive around watching people's lives go by in somewhere other than belfast.


manchester sounds refreshing..

No comments:

Post a Comment